Giving Glory To God For The Things He Has Done!

Brief timeline of events

1971 The Northeast F Street Mission was organized
1973 Capitol Hill Seventh-day Adventist Company organized. William S. Jackson, Sr. pastored over 23 members. Sabbath Services were held at 806 F Street NE and mid-week prayer services were held at 1205 F Street NE, home of charter member Hattie Payne
The name “Capitol Hill Seventh-day Adventist Church” was voted and the first building fund rally was held. $2,200 was donated by the membership with an additional $1,000 appropriation from First Church
1974 CHC acquires the edifice at 1000 E. Capitol St. SE
CHC voted into Sisterhood of Churches by Allegheny East Conference
1979 W.S. Jackson transfered out and Elder and Mrs. W.C. Scales tranferred in for pastoral duties.
1980 Don King became CHC pastor
1982 Rodney Malcom became Assistant Pastor
1984 Pastor Don King leaves pastoral duties at CHC
1985 Pastor Wintley Phipps preaches first sermon
1987 J.W. Warren introduced as Assistant PastorChurch moved into current address at 914 Massachussets Avenue NE
1988 Grand Opening Ceremony, Oprah Winfrey, special guest
1991 Ebenezer Pedapudi’s Frist Sermon, “A Still Small Voice”
1995 Wintley Phipps voted to General ConferenceWintley Phipps officially relinquishes the Capitol Hill Church pulpit
1996 John Nixon installed as pastor of CHC
1998 Colin Brathwaite installed as pastor of CHC
2004 Historical pairing of two Head Pastors, Dr. Gene M. Donaldson and Anthony A. Medley as co-pastors of CHC
2009 Anthony A. Medley reassigned to Emmanuel Brinklow SDA Church

Dr. Gene M. Donaldson installed as Senior Pastor and Gregory Nelson installed as Associate pastor

2013 Ramone W. Griffith installed as Associate Pastor
2013 Capitol Hill Church building undergoes entire restoration
2016 Dr. Emil Dean Peeler installed as Senior Pastor