The Audio/Visual Ministry is responsible for setup, maintenance, coordination, and use of the church’s audio, visual, and lighting technology used during services and for other special on-and-off site events. The ministry’s mission is to glorify God by ensuring that His Word and our praise and song to Him is seen and heard clearly and without distraction or interference within our local church and throughout the world as it’s broadcasted or distributed on media with the highest video and audio quality available.
This talented group of hardworking individuals have a passion for communicating the love of Christ through today’s cutting edge technology. The Audio/Visual Team works closely with the worship leaders, pastors, musicians, actors and others to create powerful, dynamic and meaningful worship experiences for today’s church. Although this ministry covers all local church needs that have to do with audio and visual technology, the most requested and needed functions of the ministry include:
- Broadcasting live audio and video to the sanctuary, other designated areas and internet.
- Recording audio and video during regular church services, and other special meetings.
- Audio and video editing or recorded services and other special events for archive, broadcast, and production.
- Production, duplication, and distribution of recorded audio and video files to fulfill order requests for sermon messages and other special events.
- Providing audio and video support for evangelistic outreaches and other special events outside of the church building.
Volunteers will be trained for any specific technological skill or knowledge required for the ministry responsibilities, so the only prerequisite to volunteering is a willingness to learn and comfort in handling and using technological devices and equipment. Needed roles include: audio recorders, audio operators, camera operators, video operators, and audio editors.
Please contact Derek Pogue, Audio-Visual Ministry Leader, at (202) 543-1344, or via email at email@example.com.